About Dr. Maytum
Dr. Robert Maytum was a “true gentleman” whose quiet philanthropy has benefited the community for a number of years. He was a man who was always ready to listen to the needs of the area he served and gave back unselfishly to the people he felt helped pave the way for him in his very successful career in telecommunications.
In 2008, this annual golf tournament, formerly known as the DFT Communications Community Benefit Golf Tournament was renamed the Robert Maytum Memorial to honor this true gentleman for his many acts of kindness and support to not only the local community but a vast array of programs and projects throughout the region.
We honor him with this special tribute and ask that his message proudly continue through your generosity to your local community.
Our Cause: Helping to Build Strong Communities
All proceeds from the Robert Maytum Memorial Golf tournament go to the DFT Communications/RMM Golf Tournament Community Betterment Fund, which is then distributed with the help of the Northern Chautauqua Community Foundation. The funds are granted to local organizations dedicated to enriching and assisting Chautauqua County communities.
Organizations that have benefited from these funds include:
- 1891 Fredonia Opera House
- Allegheny Highland Council Boy Scouts of America
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- Boys & Girls Club of Northern Chautauqua County
- Brocton Fire Company
- Brooks Memorial Hospital
- Camp Gross
- Cassadaga Fire Department
- Cassadaga Lakes Association
- Chautauqua Area Girl Scouts
- Chautauqua Children's Safety Village
- Chautauqua County Chamber of Commerce Gems Program
- Chautauqua Institution
- Chautauqua Region Community Foundation
- City of Dunkirk Summer Festivals
- Compeer Chautauqua
- Deputy Sheriff's Association of Chautauqua County
- Dunkirk PBA
- Dunkirk Rotary Club
- Festivals Fredonia
- Fredonia Chamber of Commerce
- Fredonia College Foundation
- Fredonia Farm Festival
- Fredonia Fire Department
- Fredonia PBA
- JCC Foundation
- Luka S. Calanni Foundation
- Rockefeller Arts Center at SUNY Fredonia
- St. Susan's Center
- TRC Foundation
- United Way
- WCA Hospital
Register to Golf
Join us on the course as we enjoy a day of friendship and fun, all for a cause that supports our community. Register soon - we are limited to 128 golfers!
Become a sponsor
Help us make our 24th Anniversary a success by becoming one of our many sponsors. All proceeds from the tournament support organizations in our community.